Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!



In 2011 we resolved to:  (1) improve our living conditions and (2) learn how to make portrait photographs.    We knocked the first one out of the park -- sure it was the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs, a full count and the bases loaded (i.e., day 363 out of 365), but what better way to end the game than a walk-off grand slam?  As for the second, well, you can't win 'em all.

In 2012 we resolve to explore:  (1) the Uinta Mountains; (2) City of the Rocks; (3) the Great Salt Lake; and (4) Goblin Valley.

We hope your new year is even better than the last!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

If the camera was pointing up and a little to the left, you could have had me in your photo as I peered out the window not much unlike Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window (minus the binoculars) watching you guys pose so perfectly. I feel semi-important knowing I witnessed this moment.

In the meantime, I'll probably have to dust off the binoculars for use when we're neighbors next month.

Holly said...

My 2012 resolutions are to join you on as many of your resolution excursions as possible (until I wear out my welcome)! I'm so excited that we finally get to live by you guys!!

Holly said...

By the way - your family picture is adorable! Suzanne - you look awesome! I can't wait to see the new babe :)

Ry & Kenna said...

Oh we miss you guys! You all look so great! We really want to come visit you guys when you get settled in Utah :) keep us posted k!!! xoxoxoxo

Kenna, Ry and Upton