Friday, June 24, 2011

Fortune Cookies




I eat out a lot.  I probably eat in more restaurants each month now than I did in my first 21 years combined.  Luckily DC has a lot of good options.  The Chinese restaurants aren't my favorite -- I find that Chinese food is consistently mediocre -- but I do like the fortune cookies.  It's nice to get a good chuckle and a semi-sweet treat at the end of a meal.  Here are some of the fortunes I've opened recently:

  1. Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.  [Not buying it; in the beginning I was a kid.]
  2. Someone is speaking well of you.  [Someone is wrong.]
  3. You will be showered with good luck.  [I got this one twice.  Anyone who knows me should be laughing hysterically.]
  4. You will never need to worry about a steady income.  [Suzanne rejoices.]
  5. You will step on the soil of many countries.  [Yes, to get from the airport to the conference room.]
  6. You will be singled out for a promotion.  [Since my firm has lockstep compensation, this must be talking about moving up from bathroom duty to kitchen duty at home.]
  7. You are broad minded and socially active.  [Stop laughing.]
  8. You and your wife will be happy in your life together.  [So true, though this is just stating the obvious considering I'm married to Suzy.]

No comments: