Monday, April 25, 2011

Deep Thoughts by Tennyson


The other day we were in the car and Tennyson was singing, "This Little Light of Mine".  He got to the part that sings, "All in the dark, I'm gonna let it shine," and then he stopped and asked:

"Mamma, does light shine in the dark?"  

"Yes, Tennyson, light will shine in any darkness and make the dark go away."

"But mom, how does the light shine in the dark?  Why does light shine?  How does it shine?  What is light?"

I was dumbfounded.  I thought of Albert Einstein and how he dedicated his entire life to researching light.  And all I could say was, "I don't know Tennyson, that is a question most grown ups don't know the answer to.  That is a very good question."  I guess I could do some research on photons, but I don't think that is what he is asking.

He then proceeded to pick his nose.

No comments: