Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Sentence Book Review: Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoyevsky


This is the best novel I have ever read.  Dostoyevsky's depiction of Raskolnikov's crime (murder) and punishment (I'm not telling) is brilliant, perfect, and gripping, and when he compares redemption to the sensation "experienced by a man who has been sentenced to death and is suddenly and unexpectedly told he has been reprieved," he knows what he's talking about.  If you haven't read this book, do; if you have, call me.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I have actually never read this book, but after your review, I certainly will! Tait is so cute. We love bald babies - we've now had two ourselves. At least he's a boy. McCall got called a boy until she was two, and Juniper gets it all the time too!

Anonymous said...

I hate this book.
Becca