Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ground Zero Rising

For years and years when I went to NYC to work in my New York office, I would look down from my office/hotel windows on Ground Zero and see nothing but chaos that never seemed to change.  Well, that's all changed.  Ground Zero is taking shape, with enormous towers, transportation terminals, and of course the fantastic new September 11 Memorial.

This is the view from my office window as the sun was setting.


This is the view from my hotel window the next morning.  (The memorial is the area with trees, including the two dark holes/waterfalls going down into the ground.)


Here's a parting shot of the sunrise over the East River/Lower Manhattan/Brooklyn from my hotel.

1 comment:

Dad said...

It appears you were working from dawn til dusk to get all of these shots. Beautiful stuff. I'm glad we were able to see this from your office (at least the before construction view).