Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Vacation Part III - Grand Tetons/Yellowstone


As part of our summer vacation, I got to meet up with my good friend Marc Gillet, le petit Suisse.  Marc and I were missionary companions in Repentigny, Quebec, in 1998.  Marc was visiting from his home in Geneva and everything fell into place for us to take a short trip to Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone NP for some hiking, rafting, touring and eating.


We had a great time exploring the backcountry and taking in the solitude, but it was also fun to participate in the more touristy parts that I had neglected for many years, like:

 Old Faithful, playing for the paparazzi. 

1 comment:

Dad said...

I'm glad you were able to get together with Marc.

As far as Yellowstone goes . . . will be going there soon (just not the touristy part)!