Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pacific Northwest - Panoramic Redux

Last August/September, while we were on our AMAZING trip to see the natural wonders of Washington State, I tried a couple panorama photography techniques I had read about. The scenes were enormous, and I lack a wide-angle lens, so I decided to try my hand at the photo stitching method. It took me a while to figure out the photo stitching software, and then it took me a while to figure out how to reduce the file size so I could upload them, but at last I've caught up with the 1980s (technologically) and have a few photos to share. They're a bit washed out, due to the glaring mid-day sun, but hopefully you can get the idea of just how grand and beautiful it was. It will help to click on the picture.

6 comments:

Jay & Pat said...

Amazing shots! Very nice work! And to think this scenery is so close to us.

Thomas said...

Stu, it's time for a trip to the wilderness. You game?

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Beautiful pictures! Congrats on the baby boy to be! I bet little Tennyson is so excited to have a brother!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cat said...

Very nice! I wouldn't even know they were stiched if you hadn't said so.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.