Monday, June 8, 2009

Fathers & Sons Camp

I recently took Tenny to his first fathers & sons camp at Cedarville State Forest, MD.  He loved the hotdogs and the ice cream (we were camping in style), but his favorite was the campfire.  He spent the vast majority of his time watching and poking the fire, and then that's all he could talk about for days.  It took Tennyson a while to warm up to the idea of sleeping in a tent, without mommy.  After I zipped up the tent door, I saw T's bottom lip quivering.  I asked what was wrong, and he said, "I don't like this tent.  I want mommy."  Luckily, 30 minutes of playing shadow puppets on the tent ceiling did the trick and Tenny fell asleep on my chest.  He's a good little camping buddy.

Tenny was the youngest dude at the camp, but he had some good guys to look up to.

Tenny warmed his buns by the fire in the early morning.

Tennyson appointed himself the official firewood gatherer.

The older boys (Jay, James, & Jamal) showed Tenny how to light a fire with one match (and one can of lighter fluid).


Here is a short video with more pictures of the fun.

1 comment:

Jay & Pat said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Enjoyed the video.